SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETING
We provide American Sign Language interpreters to facilitate communications for members of the D/deaf community. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires public and private entities to consider the needs of people who are D/deaf and hard of hearing by providing effective communication – which may include interpreting services. The ADA states that it is the responsibility of the business or organization to request and pay for an ASL interpreter – not the individual who is D/deaf or hard of hearing. Emergency interpreting is available 24 hours a day.
To request an interpreter, call us at (901)278-9307.
To make the most of your time, please be prepared to provide:
- Type of service (American Sign Language, Tactile Signing, live captioning)
- Your name and contact information
- The date, time, duration and address of the appointment
- The D/deaf consumer's name
- Purpose of appointment
- Preferred interpreter, if applicable